1. Fewer Showings - Yes there are fewer buyers, but those buyers that are actively looking for a home are usually very serious about making a purchase.
2. Less Competition - Most people wait until spring and summer to list their home, therefore, during the winter you will have far less competition than at any other time of the year.
3. Holiday Decorations - Buyers love homes that tell a story. The holidays are a great time to show homes because the home is usually decorated for holiday celebrations.
4. January is the Biggest Transfer Month - Did you know that more corporate moves occur during January than at any other month of the year? This may be a great reason list your home during the winter.
5. Timing - By putting your home on the market during the winter you may be able to more easily achieve your moving goals.
6. Possibly Get Top Dollar - By starting to market your home early you may be able to secure a higher price due to less competition.
7. Great Time to Shop - If your home sells quickly you will be able to shop for your next home during the winter, this may be a great time to find a bargain.
8. More Advertising - Usually most agents and offices have less inventory during the winter, your home may be advertised more often than during the spring and summer months.
9. More Attention - Agents may be able to devote more specialized attention to your needs during the winter because they may have fewer clients to manage.
10. The Market - Today's interest rates are at an all time low, giving buyers more spending power. This can be important when you begin shopping for your next home.